Under the direction of the WPS Superintendent of Schools, the Coordinator for Community Engagement will work to operationalize a robust district public outreach and engagement strategy; coordinate activities that advance internal and external stakeholder relations and partnership opportunities; provide technical and creative assistance to the district; manage media relations for the Administration and School Committee; and help coordinate crisis planning and communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with the WPS Administration and any related external communications/public engagement partners to implement a public outreach and engagement strategy;
- Provide logistics leadership and technical support for the development and finalization of a WPS Strategic Plan;
- Coordinate informational materials, public forums, and community meetings regarding current issues and initiatives in the school system to regularly inform WPS community and coordinate participation in community festivals, fairs, conferences, and events;
- Coordinate responses to media inquiries and help develop related WPS statements and information releases; build relationships with local media outlets to help promote positive communications
- Help develop and disseminate information about district activities, accomplishments, and progress toward meeting district goals, including the development of the annual District Progress Report;
- Work with the WPS staff to help ensure an effective online presence, including updates to the WPS website and social media pages;
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners to advance the goals of the District;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools;
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this strong classification would typically be acquired through graduation from a four-year college or university. Must be available during the day and on-call during off hours to meet the essential job functions.
Training and Experience:
- Evidence of positive experiences working with the public;
- Strong speaking, writing, analytical and presentation skills;
- Experience working with a wide array of technology platforms;
- Prior experience in media relations;
- Experience working with K-12 public education preferred;
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, media technology, journalism, public relations, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years of successful experience in a similar role using a variety of media, preferably for a public school district or in a municipal setting.
Applicants please apply to: https://wellesleyps.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=296.