POSITION REPORTS TO: Water Pollution Control Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent or designee
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Operates treatment facility to control flow and processing of wastewater, biosolids and effluent.
- Monitors gauges, meters and control panels.
- Operates valves and gates, either manually or by remote control; starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control treatment processes.
- Performs laboratory duties and fills in for maintenance person when required.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records concerning process control.
- Drives a truck on as needed basis.
- Must be capable of performing rudimentary operational control functions within the facility.
- Involved with the operation and maintenance of the collection system.
- Shall be familiar with all safety equipment used in the department.
- Sign on Bonus up to $2,500 upon successful completion of introductory period.
- No Phone Calls, Open Until Filled
1) Minimum of MASS GRADE 4 WASTEWATER OPERATOR LICENSE. 2) Formal Education: High school or trade school education or equivalent training or experience
Applications and resume submissions will be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Town Manager’s Office/Human Resources, REF: WWTPO, Academy Building, 66 Central Square -2nd floor.
The town of Bridgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.