The city of Chicopee is seeking a qualified, skilled, and knowledgeable individual in wastewater operations to fulfill the duties in the position of Pump Station Operator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE
- Monitors control panels, adjust valves and gates to regulate flow of sewage.
- Operation and maintenance of; pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage.
- Maintains logs and records meter and gauge readings.
- Collects sewage samples and conducts tests.
- Checks Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO) throughout city.
- Operates the CSO Facility when active.
- Make NPDES permit violation reports.
- Observe all safety procedures as it relates to pump station operations/maintenance
- Adheres to all city safety policies.
- Inspects, repairs and maintains all pumping station equipment/vehicles.
- Works as an operational team with Treatment plant, Collection system and Flood Control personnel
- Other duties assigned
The minimum starting pay for this position is Grade 6L, at a rate of $17.60 per hour with a MA. Grade3 Wastewater License, w/ great benefits and periodic pay increases upon continuous employment with the city of Chicopee.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow us on social media:
Facebook: ChicopeeCareers (@MAChicopeeCareers)
Linkedin: ChicopeeCAREERS (@ChicopeeCAREERS)
The city of Chicopee is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.