TOWN OF HAMILTON
Department of Public Works
The town of Hamilton seeks a full-time Truck Driver/Laborer to work 40 hr./week, M – Th 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and F 6:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Primary duties include operating one or more types of light, medium, and heavy class automotive equipment and performing a variety of manual tasks in connection with general public works operations, including construction, repair, and maintenance of water systems, highways & traffic systems, buildings, parks, and cemeteries. Qualifications include high school/GED graduate with at least five years of related experience, possession of a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with airbrake endorsement. Possession of a valid hoisting machinery license Class 2B (desired) issued by Mass.
A complete job description is available at https://www.hamiltonma.gov/government/human-resources/career-opportunities/. The hourly rate is set by a union contract with a starting range of $24.34 – $25.33/hr. DOQ.
Additional benefits include:
- Volunteered Flextime.
- Meal allowance every four hours beyond regular shift.
- Equally and impartially distributed overtime.
- 17 weeks’ snowplowing standby pay at $210.00 per week.
- Sanding stipend at $210.00 a week, based on a rotating weekly schedule.
- Optional on-call, off-winter stipend at $105.00 a week, based on a rotating weekly schedule.
- Town paid license renewals.
Please send a town application, cover letter, and resume to Michellelee Maloney, Human Resources Director at email@example.com or via mail to Hamilton Town Hall, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 429, Hamilton, MA 01936. This position is open until filled.