The town of Needham is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Town Treasurer/Tax Collector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Assistant Town Manager/Director of Finance and in accordance with state statutes and town by-laws, plan, control, and direct the functions of the Treasurer and Tax Collector’s Office, including town-wide financial operations, billing, collecting, and depositing of receipts; cash and investment management; and the sale of short and long-term borrowing..
- Receive, disburse, and account for all town funds, utilizing automated systems; and ensure that adequate funds are available from town accounts for the timely payment of town obligations.
- Responsible for the issuance, collection, receipt, and accounting of all committed taxes, betterments, water and sewer charges, and other receivables. The office certifies as to the existence of municipal liens, and counts and records parking meter receipts.
- For a full description please see job posting.
- Completion of four-year college degree in public administration, finance, administration, or a related field and seven years of related experience including three years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and is tactful approach in customer service.
- Attainment of a Massachusetts Certified Treasurer/Collector is desirable.
- Valid driver’s license.
Submissions accepted on a rolling basis. Vacancy will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.