Job Title: Town Planner
Location: Town of Saugus
Schedule: Monday to Friday
The position reports directly to the Planning and Development Director and the Town Manager, as appropriate.
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
• Focuses on short, intermediate, and long-term planning initiatives in the areas of land use, housing, commercial/economic development, infrastructure and energy, open space, and environmental concerns.
• Research and implement federal and state laws as well as town by laws.
• Maintain relationships with local, regional, and state officials, the general public, employees, developers, and consultants.
• Preparation of grant application and the supervision/coordination of planning and other studies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of federal, state and town bylaws.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good client/customer service skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Experience with permitting, grant writing and management, project management, environmental issues and community planning preferred.
Minimum two years planning and community development or highly related and relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in urban planning, public administration. A master’s degree preferred, in planning, urban development or closely related field.
Posting Date: Open until filled
Application: Please email all cover letters/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org