Town of Rockport | Public Works Project Manager
The town of Rockport is seeking qualified applicants to join our team as the Projects Manager in the Department of Public Works. Under the direction of the Director/Assistant Director of Public Works, this position serves as the direct supervisor to the Highway, Transfer Station, Water & Sewer, Fleet Maintenance, Building, and Public Properties Divisions of the Department of Public Works. Responsible for the daily operations and maintenance activities for all town buildings, roads, bridges, sidewalks, storm drainage, water and sewer utilities, parks, cemeteries, and solid waste & recycling operations.
Qualifications include general knowledge of:
- Maintenance and construction project administration.
- Financial management skills.
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).
- Phase II storm water permit discharge detection and elimination.
- Hazards and safety precautions associated with the work supervised.
- Tools and equipment used in the maintenance and construction trades.
- Statutes, bylaws, regulations, codes, policies, and procedures relevant to the departments.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including the use of computers.
Preferred qualifications include an associate’s degree in construction management or related field; B.S. construction management. Four to seven years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in managerial, business administration, maintenance, and construction project administration. Experience in a municipal government setting is recommended.
This position entails multiple responsibilities. A full job description can be found at www.rockportma.gov/home/pages/job-volunteer-opportunities. Starting range: $65,000.00 – $71,000.00/ANNUAL (DOQ). Please email your application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
The town of Rockport is an Equal Opportunity Employer.