POSITION TITLE: Sewer Plant Mechanic
(Sign on bonus up to $2,500)
Upon successful completion of introductory period.
The position is classified at Grade 10 in the applicable AFSCME bargaining agreement with a range as follows: Minimum $53,717.17- Maximum $70,481.59
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs all preventive and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment.
• Consults Superintendent regarding preventive maintenance program.
• Inspects plant and mechanical equipment for malfunctions and needed repairs.
• Keep maintenance records on all repairs and preventive maintenance tasks.
• Shall be capable of using and maintaining all tools and equipment used in the department.
• Shall be familiar with all safety equipment used in the department.
• Is required to keep all electrical equipment such as motors, generators, motor starters, etc. in operating condition.
• Willingness to fill in and be involved with plant operations when needed.
• This individual is under the supervision of the Superintendent and the Asst. Superintendent.
• 40 hrs. per week, emergency overtime.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION: High school or trade school education or equivalent training or experience GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: a) Ability and knowledge to supervise and participate in maintenance of mechanical equipment, buildings, structures and grounds. b) Knowledge of processes and equipment involved in Wastewater Treatment, compost operation, sewer system and pump stations.
(NO Phone Calls) Position open until filled.
Applications and resume submissions may be submitted through this website or will be received via email to email@example.com or at the Town Manager’s Office/Human Resources, REF: Sewer Mechanic, Academy Building, 66 Central Square -2nd floor, Bridgewater, MA 02324.
The town of Bridgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The town of Bridgewater does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.