Redevelopment Director Consultant
Part-Time, As Needed
Up to $50.00 per hour
The Randolph Redevelopment Authority is seeking to hire a Director Consultant to join a team of talented individuals. This administrative position will provide key management, administrative, and technical support to the Redevelopment Authority by developing and organizing all aspects of the redevelopment plan; developing and organizing developer outreach and developing positive relationships; researching and identifying potential grants to assist in reaching the identified vision; establishing and maintaining friendly business communications with developers and property owners; researching programs and opportunities available through local, state, and federal programs; creating reports post-event to analyze data and determine the marketing effectiveness of efforts to identify interested developers and grants; overseeing meetings to plan milestones, interest, requirements, and communication regarding grants, developers, and property owners; overseeing meetings to plan milestones and requirements regarding developers; and meeting with the Redevelopment Authority to gauge business needs and brainstorm ideas for attracting interested developers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: See the job description below.
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “DIRECTOR CONSULTANT” in the email subject line.
The Randolph Redevelopment Authority (“RRA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. RRA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Rhode Island.
Redevelopment Director Consultant
Randolph Redevelopment is working toward revitalizing its downtown mixed use area by attracting new or helping expand existing businesses, encouraging mixed use residential development, improving circulation for pedestrians, vehicles, and public transit, enhancing visitor experience for business customers, and strengthening the quality of life for residents.
The vision is to transform the Randolph business district into a vibrant commercial and cultural area that is reflective of the diverse population of the town. This vision is integral to the town’s state-approved urban renewal plan (“URP”), which reflects considerations relevant to promoting the business environment, public investment, integrating mixed uses, improving transportation, and enhancing placemaking.
This position requires someone who has worked in development/redevelopment, will work in collaboration with the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), municipal departments and regulatory boards, other municipalities and partners to develop and implement programs that will advance the goals of the URP.
Responsibilities of the Redevelopment Director Consultant:
- Develop and organize all aspects of the redevelopment plan.
- Develop and organize developer outreach and foster positive relationships.
- Research and identify potential grants to assist in reaching the identified vision.
- Establish and maintain friendly business communications with developers and property owners.
- Research programs and opportunities available through local, state, and federal programs.
- Create reports post-event to analyze data and determine the marketing effectiveness of efforts to identify interested developers and grants.
- Oversee meetings to plan milestones, interest, requirements, and communication regarding grants, developers, and property owners.
- Oversee meetings to plan milestones and requirements regarding developers.
- Meet with the Redevelopment Authority to gauge business needs and brainstorm ideas for attracting interested developers.
Qualifications of the Redevelopment Director Consultant
- Five to seven years of community redevelopment experience.
- Demonstrated experience developer outreach and examples of positive outcomes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with community stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in speech and writing, and make effective use of current computer technology.
- Highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a diverse group.
- Experience measuring data and outcomes of events to determine outreach effectiveness.
- Positive and collaborative attitude when managing groups and overseeing initiatives.
- Experience managing and tracking grant writing and organizing gathered data.
- Knowledge of media relations preferred.