The town of Stoneham seeks to fill a vacancy in the Planning Board/Board of Appeals Office
- Job Title: Principal Office Assistant
- Department: Planning Board/Board of Appeals
- Supervision: Town Administrator (Appointing Authority)
- Scheduled Hours: 31 hours per week
- Salary: Grade 38, Step 1 ($22.38 per hour; annual $36,215.32
- Primary Purpose
- Administrative, secretarial and clerical skills necessary in supporting the activities and operation of a municipal board. Works independently. Makes frequent contact with board members, citizens, other town departments and public officials. Good communication and organizational skills required.
- Must attend night meetings
- Prepares agendas for board meetings and transcribes minutes
- Computer experience necessary.
- Perform other related work as required or as situation dictates
- High school graduate with two years of actual experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Municipal experience a plus.
- Ability to pass town’s physical exam requirement, CORI check required.
Deadline to apply: Oct. 29 at noon
Please submit resume, job application and cover letter of interest.
Visit the Human Resources page on the town of Stoneham website: www.stoneham-ma.gov for further information
The town of Stoneham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer