Job Title: Principal Clerk (Assessors Department)
Location: Town of Saugus
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Pay Rate: (Union Scale): $44,256.37 – $51,133.63
Under the direction of the Deputy Assessor, this position is responsible for performing advanced clerical work in support of the Assessor’s office.
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
• Answers the telephone, counter and written requests, inquiries and complaints in which the department information is given and received.
• Oversees the scheduling of the data collection for the cyclical and re-inspection programs.
• Schedules/posts Board of Assessors meetings.
• Assist with the maintenance of various department records and databases.
• Processes and researches deeds, transfers from the Registry, Land Court probates and checks correct land area.
• Processes motor vehicle, boat excise and generates monthly excise abatement reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good client/customer service skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work effectively with a team.
• Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, with at least 3-5 years of municipal financial experience in an office setting.
Posting Date: Open until filled
Application: Please email all cover letters/resumes to Human Resources Manager, Gabriela Lagattolla at firstname.lastname@example.org.