Chelsea Public Schools (CPS) is a gateway school system that welcomes and educates all students and families. CPS is a culturally responsive school district. CPS is looking for its next Principal Account Clerk. The candidate is responsible for performing clerical work of ordinary difficulty and applying basic accounting principles in maintaining financial accounts and records. Employee is required to perform all similar or related duties. More details about our Principal Account Clerk can be found on our website at www.chelseaschools.com/careers and search for the Principal Account Clerk position.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Tracks and logs requisitions.
- Prepares and verifies accuracy of bills.
- Checks bills against purchase orders and prepares summaries of expenditures and balances in appropriations.
- Does specialized clerical work of more than ordinary difficulty and responsibility in relation to more difficult phases of account maintenance work.
- Instructs employees on the method and procedure used in performing accounts maintenance and fiscal reporting functions and advises them on solutions to unusual problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Assistant Business Manager.
- Minimum education level: high school diploma.
- Business training from an accredited college or experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated skill set working with Microsoft and Google applications including, but not limited to, spreadsheets and data entry.
- Strong interpersonal skills working with a variety of individuals – staff, students, families and community members.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and maintain office procedures and timeliness.
- High level of ability to multitask and remain organized with a high volume of tasks.
- Citizenship, residency, or work visa required.
- Associate’s degree.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant experience.
- Experience working in a school or office setting.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Knowledge and experience in MUNIS payroll software.
Salary: $48,418.18/annual salary
Terms: Clerks are members of the Chelsea Teachers Union (CTU). This is a 37.5 hour a week position.
How to apply: Visit us at www.chelseaschools.com/careers and search for the Principal Account Clerk position.