The town of Dennis seeks qualified candidates for the position of Payroll/Benefits Administrator. The Payroll/Benefits Administrator is responsible for providing payroll and benefits administrative functions for the town.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
1. Reviews and processes all payroll transactions for the town of Dennis in compliance with town and governmental requirements and regulations; verifies timesheets submitted by departments, verifies hours of pay, FLSA overtime rates, withholdings and all deduction activity and changes.
2. Ensures employee’s pay and benefit are in accordance with union contracts, FSLA and government standards.
3. Prints payroll advices, checks and vendor deduction checks on a weekly basis.
4. Produces payroll warrant for Finance Director and Treasurer.
5. Responsible for producing, reconciling, and distributing W-2’s; and reports to the Social Security Administration and the Mass Department of Revenue
6. Generates all necessary reports weekly, quarterly and annually, completes reports required by government agencies including DOR, DOL, DUA, Retirement and Deferred Compensation. Responsible for filing and reporting data to all governmental agencies.
7. Maintains and organizes payroll files, maintains all employee records of leave time, documents and verifies employee leave time, proves attendance sheets with department head for accuracy.
8. Maintains longevity eligibility and schedules payment of longevity to all eligible employees and adheres to FLSA policy.
9. Assist with open enrollment and processing of employee benefits.
10. Produces annual Town Report documenting salaries.
11. Produces BCR (Retirement) Appropriation Report annually.
Minimum Qualifications: Position requires an associate’s degree in payroll/accounting, and three to five years of payroll or accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Public sector and MUNIS experience, a plus. Salary commensurate with education and experience. To apply for this position visit on our website www.town.dennis.ma.us and click on “Employment Opportunities”, complete the online application, attach letter of interest and resume. This position will remain posted until interviews begin. The town of Dennis is an AA/EOE.