Salary Range: $47,000 to $53,000
Job Classification: Full-Time, Non-Union
Schedule/Hours: Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Summary: The Outreach Specialist provides information and referral services to, and advocates for the wellbeing of older adults and persons with disabilities in Newburyport, as well as their families and care partners. The Outreach Specialist develops, enhances, and nurtures community relations between the city and targeted populations and also fosters relationships between city departments, community groups, and regional agencies. The Outreach Specialist assists in program development to address emerging needs of Newburyport’s aging population and must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and must exhibit a strong commitment to public service and to achieving the objectives of the Newburyport Council on Aging.
Education, Training and Experience: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, gerontology, or another discipline that can be linked to support of older adults and persons with disabilities. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of progressively responsible professional experience in geriatrics or human services, preferably for older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local aid programs.
- Ability to establish working relationships with local agencies and organizations that serve older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Excellent social, interpersonal, listening, observation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with departmental colleagues and other city employees, community members, and business owners.
- Ability to multitask and to work independently.
- Excellent planning, organizational, decision making and writing skills.
- Dependable, punctual, and detail-oriented.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a CORI background check.
CPR/First Aid training preferred but will train.
See Full Job Description on the HR Website: https://www.cityofnewburyport.com/jobs
Securing this position will also be dependent on the results of a CORI check.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources, Newburyport City Hall, 60 Pleasant St., PO Box 550, Newburyport, MA 01950 or email to email@example.com.