The town of Stoneham has a job opportunity in the Town Clerk’s office for an Office Assistant.
Reporting to the Town Clerk or other designated official, the full-time, 35 hour position is within the Town Hall Employees Association and is a Grade 36 – Step 1 with an hourly rate of $21.74, annual $39,710.63.
Will perform a variety of clerical tasks of a moderately complex nature. Responsibilities will include election related duties, annual census, and passports, assisting with vital records and certain licenses and permits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General elections administration tasks: working within the Massachusetts Voter Registration Information System (VRIS) to process voter registrations.
- Becoming certified in the acceptance of passport applications, including online training and annual recertification and processing of passport photos.
- Assisting with the issuance of vital records, business certificates, dog licenses, parking permits, and other related work as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent customer service, oral, and written and interpersonal skills. Typing and computer proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask, organize, work independently, accomplish tasks and meet deadlines, despite frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
Interested applicants should apply with cover letter, resume and town of Stoneham job application. First review of applications will be Sept. 26.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send via regular mail:
35 Central St.
Stoneham, MA 02180
Att: Donna Gaffey, Director of Human Resources.
Stoneham is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in our workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.