Wellesley Public Schools
The Network Manager is responsible for the configuration, administration, management, and security of the district’s cloud, wired and wireless networks. The Network Manager works with the technology team to integrate systems and deliver network services to students and staff.
-Experience in/Certifications: Alcatel Lucent Enterprise, CWNP, Aruba ACMP, Palo Alto ACE, MCSA/MCSE, and/or CISSP
-Advanced understanding of network fundamentals and security, including experience with managed wireless networks, firewalls, routing, DNS and DHCP
-Experience in an Active Directory/LDAP environment
-Ability to troubleshoot complex problems involving multiple systems (networking equipment, mobile devices, macOS, Windows Server, Windows clients)
-Experience managing and deploying a hybrid cloud and on-premises Virtual Server environment
-Strong communication skills and ability to prioritize and multitask in an educational environment
1. Configures, administers and maintains the district’s network, including all network hardware, software, wireless systems, and Internet connections for the district’s buildings.
2. Collaborates with the IT Operations Manager and Systems Administrators to integrate the district’s network and Active Directory domain.
3. Works with the town technology department and the Municipal Light PLant (MLP) to administer and maintain the district’s fiber WAN.
4. Assesses network security and performance on an ongoing basis and makes adaptations as needed.
5. Ensures the security of the district’s network.
6. Develops and implements a plan to mitigate the educational impact of network equipment failure.
7. Provides the Director of Technology and IT Operations Manager with timely updates on issues impacting the availability of critical network systems.
8. Ensures that network issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
9. Documents problem resolutions.
10. Maintains confidentiality in regards to data stored, processed, or accessed by the network.
11. Communicates with vendors as needed.
12. Assists the Director of Technology in preparing the network portion of the technology department’s capital and operations budgets.
13. Stays up-to-date on current and future network technologies.
14. Provides networking support to end-users and basic network support training to technology staff.
15. Maintains an inventory of networking equipment, thoroughly documents the network topology, and maintains a change log for the network.
16. Perform maintenance, support, and other responsibilities during evenings and weekends as required.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee policy on the evaluation of non-union personnel.
Terms of Employment:
Year-round, full-time position (1.0 FTE)
Please apply via SchoolSpring Job Posting: https://www.schoolspring.com/employer/jobs/job.cfm?j_id=3732791