MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Maintenance Specialist I, which is an essential employee that performs general maintenance functions for facilities, roads, grounds, utilities, and buildings utilizing his or her skills in a specialized trade.
The Maintenance Specialist I will provide maintenance support services as part of the Devens Department of Public Works (DPW) & Recreation responsible for maintaining Devens’ facilities and grounds. Responsibilities include performing all basic maintenance tasks required, either as a primary or secondary member of the team, including, but not limited to: working within the building trades; landscaping; road and sidewalk maintenance; tree work; trash and recycling; and event support. Tasks also include operating heavy equipment, performing basic vehicle and equipment operational checks, maintenance and repairs, completing work orders, responding to and providing immediate assistance for emergency systems (building failures, storm impacts, road conditions, etc.), and performing other duties as assigned by management. In addition to overtime pay, stipends are also available, as applicable.
- Our Total Rewards package offers many generous benefits, including:
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan; 457(b) (with employer match up to 5%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employer-Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching Gifts
For more information and to apply please see our careers page: View Job