Professional, technical and direct service work relating to the coordination and delivery of adult and young adult reference services at the town library; maintenance of various components of the adult reference and non-fiction collection; performs duties related to the day to day operations of the Reference Department; all other related work as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, two years of related library work experience; experience in dealing with the public; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master of library science preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; ability to relate well to the public and perform effective user instruction.
- Ability to speak to or instruct individuals or groups of people.
- Working knowledge of library principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of authors, titles and valuable library resources.
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal system.
- Skill in the use of other standard office machines.
- Interest in reading and information.
- Ability to work with detail.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, the internet, databases and library system software.
Applications will be reviewed starting Monday, March 13. (Position remains open until a qualified candidate is hired.)
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com (Topsfield is an AA/EEO employer).
For full job description, please go to www.topsfield-ma.gov.