Professional, technical, and direct service work relating to the coordination of children’s and young adult services at the town library; maintenance and development of various components of the children and young adult collection; performs duties related to the day to day operations of the Children’s and Young Adult Departments; all other related work as required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree or higher, two years of related library work experience; experience in dealing with the public; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills; ability to relate well to the public.
- Working knowledge of library principles and procedures.
- Ability to speak to or instruct individuals or groups of people.
- Knowledge of children’s literature.
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System.
- Skill in the use of standard office machines.
- Interest in reading and information.
- Ability to work with detail.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, internet, library databases and library system software.
Applications will be reviewed starting Tuesday, March 21. Position remains open until a qualified candidate is hired.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Topsfield is an AA/EEO employer.
For a full job description, visit: www.topsfield-ma.gov.