Laborer I – Department of Public Works
Stoneham Public Works Laborers Union AFSCME Council 93, AFL-CIO
Salary Range; $24.6404 hrly/$51,449.36 annually-$28.6981 hrly/$59,921.42 annually
The town of Stoneham is seeking an individual to work as a Laborer I. Duties include performing a wide range of manual tasks, under supervision, which require generalized training and experience involving the use of both hand tools, power tools and equipment. As well as other duties that may be assigned.
Candidates must possess:
- Valid Massachusetts Vehicle Operator’s License
- Class B- C.D.L. with Air Brake endorsement is required for a Laborer I.
The prospective employee must successfully complete a CORI (Criminal Offender Records Inquiry), physical examination, including a drug screening and submit a copy of their driving record. The town reserves the right to run additional CORI and background checks as allowed under Massachusetts General Law.
Qualified candidates should apply with the following materials:
- Cover letter (indicating position applied for).
- Three professional references.
- Employment applications are required, a copy is available on the town’s website as well as instructions how to apply ( see announcement):
Position will remain open until Jan. 22.
The town of Stoneham is an EEO/AA Employer