There exists a vacancy for a Health Inspector in the Winchester Department of Health. Under the direction of the Director of Public Health, this position performs field inspections and plan reviews to ensure compliance with and enforcement of the state sanitary and environmental codes, and all other related federal, state and town laws, bylaws and regulations. Full job description can be found here.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, environmental science, sanitary engineering or other related field.
- Registration as a state sanitarian or RS/REHS.
- Two years’ experience in public health, environmental health or sanitary engineering; experience as an inspector desirable; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required.
- Certified Pool Operator preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the state and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to public health and sanitation.
- Working knowledge of current inspection and control procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
35 hours/week. Some evening hours and occasional Saturdays will be required. Salary range is $64,509 to $94,179 annually. Please submit an application, cover letter and resume online at winchester.us or by mail to Human Resources, 71 Mt. Vernon St., Winchester, MA 01890 by Friday, June 16.