The town of Dennis seeks dynamic individual with for the position of Part-time Health Agent (25 hrs./wk.).
The Health Agent is responsible for the inspection of all food establishments, housing, motel, and pool inspections in accordance with local and state regulations. Employee is required to perform all similar or related duties. The Health Agent works under the general supervision of the Health Director; the employee is familiar with the work routine and uses initiative in carrying out recurring assignments independently.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provides residents, businesses, town departments with health department information and documents related to the State Sanitary Code, infectious diseases, hazardous materials, and drinking wells.
- Enforces state and local public health laws and regulations; investigates and reports cases of diseases dangerous to the public health.
- but not limited to restaurants, retail food stores, motels, public pools, conducts public health inspections of all eating and drinking establishments including body art establishments, tanning parlors etc.
- Responds to and investigates complaints, and potential public health infractions such as food borne illnesses; prepares reports of investigations and prepares materials for possible court action.
- Attends training and seminars to maintain knowledge and awareness of public health rules and regulations and to maintain required certifications.
- Participates in the testing program for municipal underground storage tanks.
High school degree or equivalent and one to three years related work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires a valid motor operator’s license.
This position will remain open until interviews begin.
To apply for this position, visit our website www.town.dennis.ma.us and click on “Employment Opportunities” complete on-line application and attach cover letter and resume.
The town of Dennis seeks a workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. AA/EEO