Groton Public Library Job Opening:
HEAD OF CIRCULATION SERVICES
Full-Time (37 Hours/Week), Salaried Position
Pay: $51,785-$64,307, DOE, with full town benefits package
The Groton Public Library is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Circulation Librarian with strong customer service and communications skills to provide highly responsible administrative, supervisory, and direct service work overseeing the general operations of our busy Circulation Department. Directly supervise eight to 12 staff members plus volunteers and provide team with ongoing training, coaching, mentoring, team building, and guidance. Oversee collections, select materials, provide readers assistance, promote library resources to community, participate in adult programming, support library groups and programs, problem solve with staff and patrons, make recommendations for service improvements, and go above and beyond to serve patrons.
- Education and Experience –
College coursework is required; bachelor’s degree in library science or a related field preferred; service in a public library for at least three years as a professional librarian; or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Ability and Skill –
Thorough knowledge of:
- Library policies and procedures
- Circulation department operations
- Literature (in general, but especially fiction)
- Automated circulation systems and information technology (popular software applications, SirsiDynix Symphony, e-library resources, etc.)
- Supervise others – evaluating their performance, and training or providing feedback as needed
- Work independently and with initiative, but also collaboratively with the library team
- Work cooperatively with other libraries, especially within the network (MVLC)
- Handle a great many details, some simultaneously, with accuracy
- Communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing
- Provide information and assistance to a wide variety of library users
- Create goals and provide leadership for department
- Serve as a key member of the library management team
To apply, complete a town of Groton Application and submit to Human Resources, Town Hall, 173 Main St., Groton, MA 01450. www.grotonma.gov/government/departments/human-resources/
Applications received by Friday, Jan. 22, given first consideration.