Join our team as the Grant Writer here at the Rockingham County Finance Office. Enjoy fantastic benefits, generous paid time off and the opportunity to work alongside accomplished professionals. Be a part of an organization you can be proud of.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Establishes, coordinates, and implements the county’s grant activities related to analysis of needs, identification of grant opportunities, determination of eligibility criteria, and drafting and submission of proposals to apply for financial grants from government departments, foundations, and other agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive referrals and requests from county departments to research and prepare proposals for funding of individual and/or group projects.
- Identify funding sources; analyze needs, benefits, eligibility requirements, feasibility, and research studies.
- Establish design and description of project or program purpose, activities, costs, preparation, and submission of proposal documents and related supporting documentation.
- Ascertain feasibility and/or desirability to specific Requests for Proposals from county departments.
- Review resources for potential grant opportunities applicable to functions within Rockingham County.
- Informs and collaborates with county departments of potential grant opportunities.
- Participates in meetings to provide technical assistance in development of grants.
- Provides technical assistance to local municipalities and nonprofit organizations relative to providing grant application assistance.
- Oversees the county’s federal community block grants, and any other federal, state, or local programs coordinated through the county.
- Interpret federal regulations of county officials and ensure compliance with all regulatory laws as they relate to grants.
- Assess funding priorities and recommend followup in accordance with guidelines, regulations, criteria for selection, and priorities for funding.
- Plan, organize, and detail potential proposal scope, purpose, activities, timetables, cost information, and evaluation mechanism.
- Act as a liaison between county and state/federal officials for grant approval and application.
- Analyze information pertaining to federally funded programs and funding availability and prepare grant applications for federal funding.
- Must be able to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in english, communications, creative writing, public/business administration, or related area of study, and;
- Three to five years of grant writing experience, or;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Certified Grant Writer professional credentials from the American Grant Writer’s Association Inc., or the ability to obtain such within the first year of employment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of grant preparation, proposal submission, and fundraising process, adhering to state and federal regulations.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other various Windows or web-based applications.
SALARY RANGE: $2,074.40 – $2,904.00 biweekly, dependent upon experience.
STATUS/SHIFT: Full Time/Exempt
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Employment application and resume required.
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rockinghamnh
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mandatory post offer physical and drug testing for new hire. Criminal records check required.