The Grant Administrator researches, coordinates, procures, and oversees federal, state, local and private grants for the city of Methuen. This position is responsible for the administration and financial management of such grants received by the city.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct extensive research related to maximize potential grant funding opportunities (federal, state, local, private) that align, support, expand, and develop city’s mission and goals.
- Analyze requests for proposals, funding notices, and proposal requirements to determine proposal needs and complexity and assess the city’s viability as a candidate.
- Collaborate with administration, department heads and/or designees to establish needs in correlation to potential funding efforts, development of grant budgets/narratives and compilation of necessary data/information needed to prepare and submit competitive and thorough grant applications.
- Review all grant expenditures to ensure availability of funds, consistency with grant contracts and compliance with all appropriate rules and regulations.
- Prepare and submit required grant reporting including, but not limited to, proposal packages, applications, reimbursement requests, revenue disbursement requests, grant amendments, periodic financial reports, action plans and final close outs.
- Maintain monthly tracking of all grant revenue and expenditures by collaborating with the Treasurer’s office and the CAFO’s office. Preserve organized, detailed and appropriate grant documentation.
- Assist in the formal development and management of grant related polices and procedures. Assist with outside audit of the city, including the signal audit.
The essential functions or duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar; related; or a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Grant writing and administration experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with city officials, department heads, fellow employees, granting agencies and general public.
- Able to work independently, multitask and deal efficiently with interruptions, often under considerable time pressure.
- Effective computer, records management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Minimum Education/Qualifications: Associate’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field, bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of one to three years of relevant grant writing and/or administration experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideal candidate will have MUNIS financial system experience in a municipal setting.
Submit application to City of Methuen, Human Resource Department, Room 206, 41 Pleasant St., Methuen, MA 01844 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject Line Must Read – Grant Administrator.
Last date for applying: Jan. 25 or until filled.
For a full job description, visit www.cityofmethuen.net.