Duties: Under the direction of the City Attorney, shall assist in the performance of the duties of the office, including collection matters and tax title foreclosure, drafting of ordinances, representation of the city in court, particularly in the land court and federal court and before administrative tribunals, and perform all other such duties as may be assigned by the City Attorney.
- Juris doctor and admission to Massachusetts Bar required.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Minimum of seven years’ municipal law and litigation experience preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with civil rights law experience, federal court trial experience, civil service, industrial accident, land use law, education law, MCAD experience, labor law experience, collective bargaining experience, and experience before state and federal administration tribunals.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates encouraged to apply.