Position Title: Firefighter/Paramedic
Union/Grade: International Association of Firefighters/F-1E
Salary Range: $59,573 – $65,546
Date posted: September 16, 2020
Closing date: Open until filled
Description of position: Professional, operational and technical work associated with combating, extinguishing and preventing fires; professional, administrative, and technical work associated with services as an Emergency Medical Technician; professional work associated with rescue operations; all other related work as required. The schedule of work is rotating 24-hour shifts that result in an average 42-hour workweek over an eight-week cycle.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma. A degree or courses in fire service related subjects are highly desirable. A fire science degree is preferred.
Experience: Experience as a call firefighter, medical technician or dispatcher working in a fire-emergency service environment is preferred.
Licenses/Certificates: Prior to date of hire shall possess and subsequently maintain during employment:
- Valid Massachusetts Emergency Medical Technician’s License;
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license;
Consideration given in the following order:
- Current Massachusetts Paramedic certification and having graduated the full-time Massachusetts Firefighting Academy Recruit Program; and/or
- Current Massachusetts Paramedic certification, and as a condition of employment, complete the full-time Massachusetts Firefighting Academy Recruit Program within one year of hire;
- Enrolled in a Paramedic Program to be complete within one year of hire, be certified to the Paramedic level, and as a condition of employment, complete the full-time Massachusetts Firefighting Academy program within one year of hire; and/or
- Basic EMT certification, complete the full-time Massachusetts Firefighting Academy Recruit program within one year of hire, and be certified as a Paramedic within two years following the current collective bargaining agreement process.
Apply to: Human Resources Manager, Town of Wayland, 41 Cochituate Road, Wayland, MA 01778 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The town of Wayland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.