MassDevelopment’s Devens Fire Department is accepting applications for the position(s) of Firefighter/EMT starting on the day shift, Monday through Friday (42 hours per week). The department is looking to hire up to 10 firefighters over the course of several months.
Duties to include, but are not limited to, responding to fire and ambulance calls, providing emergency medical care to the sick and injured, attending trainings as required, and performing related general office work. Base salary range is $27.13 per hour.
- Massachusetts EMT B certification.
- Residency within 10 miles of Devens, or the ability to move within the residency requirements within one year of employment.
- Ability to meet and maintain the qualifications and skills as defined in NFPA 1001: Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications, most recent Edition – Chapter 5 Fire Fighter II.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Administrative and computer skills, including experience in Microsoft Office.
- A graduate from the Massachusetts Fire Fighting Academy Recruit Training Program with FF I/II certification.
- One year experience as a full-time or on-call firefighter/EMT.
- Two years experience as an EMT providing patient care.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in fire science is preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should click on the link below to apply: