The Chelmsford Water District is looking for a motivated drinking water professional to join the district as the Environmental Compliance Manager.
This position is responsible for assisting in monitoring and maintaining the drinking water quality from CWD’s three water treatment facilities and distribution system. This role will help the district maintain compliance with drinking water regulations and other requirements such as EPA’s Safe Drinking Water Act and MassDEP’s drinking water regulations. Current compliance challenges include PFAS and lead and copper regulations.
The desirable candidate will have the following characteristics:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, biology, chemistry, or a related field with three to five years or more of related experience in public drinking water. Laboratory experience a plus.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Massachusetts operation license – Class D1, within a reasonable time. Desirable to have a Class D2 license.
- Must acquire and maintain a valid Massachusetts treatment license – Class T1, within a reasonable time. Desirable to have a Class T2 license.
- Environmental management system (EMS) experience, particularly with Hach Water Information Management Solution (Hach WIMS) software.
- Experience with Water Conservation Program/Water Management Act, consumer outreach and educational programs.
- Experience with addressing customer water quality complaints.
- Valid driver license.
This position has an hourly rate range of $25/hr. to $47.50/hr.; actual salary is dependent upon qualifications and previous experience. 40-hour workweek.
A complete job description for the Environmental Compliance Manager position can be found at the following link: https://www.chelmsfordwater.com/home/news/environmental-compliance-manager-position. Posting will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, application form (https://www.chelmsfordwater.com/administrative/pages/application-employment-0) to firstname.lastname@example.org and three professional references in a single PDF to email@example.com or Andrew L. Reid, Water Superintendent, 20 Watershed Lane, Chelmsford MA 01824.