Position: Election Coordinator
Location: Annex Building, 20 Centre St., Middleborough
Hours: 40 hours per week
Wages: (Step 1 – $89,574) In accordance with current GMEG union contract
The town of Middleborough seeks qualified applicants for the position of Election Coordinator. The Election Coordinator directly reports to the Town Clerk and will be responsible for administering federal, state and local elections with the Chief Election Official. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with Chief Election Official to oversee, direct and manage all election functions; establish methods and best practices for the maintenance and safeguarding of election records.
- Maintaining and overseeing accuracy of voter records, voter registration, local and federal census, and update voter registration system.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements for elections and administering all forms of early/absentee voting.
- Recruiting, training and supervising election officials for all precincts and early voting locations and monitoring polling locations for conformance.
- Distribution and certification of all petition/nomination papers, records the results of election returns, reviews and files campaign and political finance statements.
- Assists with maintaining and testing all voting equipment, preparation of election budget, and updating the elections webpage.
Requirements include an associate’s degree in business or a related field as well as experience in municipal government directly working in election administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will possess strong management, leadership, training and communication skills and have the ability to interact positively with the general public. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized and have the ability to multitask. General knowledge of the daily operations of a municipal clerk’s office a plus.
Interested applicants, please submit resume and cover letter to Allison Ferreira, Human Resources Director by email to HRD@middleboroughma.gov.
Date of posting: May 17
Deadline: The position will remain posted until filled.