The town of Topsfield is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Equipment Operator within the Highway Department. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position and is included in a collective bargaining unit. The Highway Department is responsible for typical public works functions including equipment operation, truck driving, hand labor, mowing, brush cutting, vehicle maintenance, and snowplowing. Some building maintenance tasks are performed from time to time.
Applicants are expected to have the following minimum:
- Massachusetts driver’s license. Class A or B CDL with air brake endorsement.
- Massachusetts Hoist Engineers License Class 2B minimum. 2A preferred.
- Relevant experience in highway/public works operations.
- Relevant experience in snow and ice operations.
- Significant experience in operating heavy equipment.
- Some computer experience using MS Word/Excel.
- Experience in road construction and maintenance.
$26.18/hour; per union contract; initial employment carries a one-year probationary period.
A pre-employment drug test and CORI check are required for this position.
Complete job description available on the town website www.topsfield-ma.gov. Please submit resume and cover letter to the Topsfield Public Works Dept. c/o Gary Wildes, 279 Boston St., Topsfield, MA 01983 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Accepting applications until position is filled.