The town of Topsfield is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Equipment Operator within the Highway Department. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position and is included in a collective bargaining unit. The Highway Department is responsible for typical Public Works functions, including equipment operation, truck driving, hand labor, mowing, brush cutting, vehicle maintenance, and snowplowing. Some building maintenance tasks are performed from time to time.
Applicants are expected to have the following minimum:
- Massachusetts driver’s license, CDL A or B with air brake.
- Massachusetts Hoist Engineers’ License Class 2B minimum or 2A.
- Relevant experience in highway/public works.
- Relevant experience in snow and ice.
- Significant experience in operating heavy machinery.
- Some computer experience using MS Word/Excel.
- Experience in road construction and maintenance.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Topsfield Public Works Dept. c/o Gary Wildes, 279 Boston St., Topsfield, MA 01983 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Accepting applications until position is filled.
Please go to the town website for full job description at www.topsfield-ma.gov.