Experienced manager in the DPW or related field required. Relies on a significant managerial background to plan, organize, staff, evaluate, assign, schedule and manage (directly and indirectly) the activities of the sections of the Public Works Department to include the Engineering, Highway, Sewer, Municipal Facilities, Public Buildings, Water, Water Plant, Sewer Plant, Fleet Maintenance, Transfer Station and Cemetery and Parks Divisions. Resumes will be accepted starting Monday, May 22 through Monday, June 5 at 3 p.m. to the Winchendon Town Managers Office addressed to Justin Sultzbach, Town Manager. Resume may be submitted electronically to Jsultzbach@winchendon-ma.gov. Please reach out with any questions.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Seven to 10 years of progressively responsible experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of building construction, architecture, engineering and business management/public administration.
- Must have a valid class B CDL driver’s license and 2A hydraulics license.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to recognize town-wide priorities and work cooperatively to support their accomplishment as part of the Town Manager’s administrative/management team.
- Through knowledge of the methods, materials and tools/equipment used in the care and maintenance of buildings, grounds, motorized equipment and vehicles.
- Considerable knowledge of price trends and grades of quality of the materials and equipment. Working knowledge of the hazards and safety; precautions common to facility management/repair activities.
- Ability to conceptualize and plan operational goals and objectives for the department and its divisions.
- Extensive knowledge of MGL Chapter 149 and Chapter 30B.
- Leadership, planning, management, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Financial management skills, including a solid foundation in cost accounting.
- Ability to market programs and ideas; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive public relations for the town, department and/or division; and to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work with citizen boards in the context of a Town Manager form of government.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement policies and techniques.
- Must be computer literate; familiar with computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and other applications tailored to specific departmental needs.
- Pay range will be between $122,000-$132,000, depending on experience.
More details available on the town’s website: townofwinchendon.com.