The town of Dedham is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance. Under the appointment and general direction of the Town Manager, the Director of Finance serves as a member of the senior management team consisting of the Town Manager, Assistant Town Manager and the Director of Finance. The Director of Finance is responsible for providing administrative direction and control of the Finance Department, including Accounting, Treasury, and Tax Collecting, Risk Management functions of the town, Information Systems, and Procurement. The Director of Finance is the strategic financial planner for all town financing objectives and shall act in the absence of the Town Manager and Assistant Town Manager. The Director of Finance may, at the direction of the Town Manager, participate as a member of the town’s negotiating team for the purpose of developing strategy relative to collective bargaining.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, finance, or a related field; five years’ experience as a Finance Director may be substituted for a master’s degree.
- Designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Significant knowledge and experience in Massachusetts Municipal Finance Laws and Massachusetts General Laws is strongly preferred.
- Seven to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in municipal government or related area, including management, supervision, workflow analysis, and financial control experience required.
- Prior Munis experience strongly preferred.
- Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Official (MCPPO) within one year of hire.
Annual salary: up to $158,858 (commensurate with education and experience)
To view the full job posting and to apply, please visit the town of Dedham website.