The town of Natick is seeking to fill the full-time position of Director of Facilities Management. This is a non-union management position working with both the town of Natick and Natick Public Schools. The Director of Facilities Management is responsible for the overall management of the Facilities Department operations and capital projects, including assessing the condition of town-owned buildings/facilities, developing short and long term strategies for reactive and preventive maintenance, project management and custodial operations.
Responsibilities include management, administrative, supervisory, and technical work, planning, directing and managing the operations of the Facilities Department. Facilities stewardship including planning, renovation, construction and energy conservation measures. Experienced guidance for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, preventative and regular maintenance activities. Prepares and implements annual operations and maintenance budgets as well as the facilities capital plan to ensure that the town and school buildings are well maintained. Responsible for the proper adherence to the public construction and procurement laws. Performs all other related work as required.
Qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil or mechanical engineering, facilities or construction management, business or a related field.
- Proven knowledge of the principles and practices of facilities management as well as previous leadership experience in facility support services, including skills such as operations, asset management, and capital planning management.
- Expertise in maintenance and custodial operations.
- Minimum of five years of experience of which three years were in a managerial position.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required.
- Certified Mass. Certified Public Purchasing Official (MCPPO) desirable.
Town of Natick Facilities at a glance:
- Approximately 1.3 million square feet of building across 30 municipal and school buildings.
- About 60 full-time staff, including custodians, maintenance, and administrative personnel.
- Yearly operational budget of about $7 million.
- Town support of a five-year capital stewardship plan.
For a complete job description, please visit town’s website: https://www.natickma.gov/285/Non-Union-Full-Time-Job-Descriptions. Town of Natick offers generous benefit package in addition to competitive salary. Hiring range $120,000-$135,000, is commensurate with education and experience.
Position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this position, send application materials, cover letter, and resume to: email@example.com. EOE