The town of Barnstable is seeking a highly motivated registered Architect with a minimum of eight to 10 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the design, construction, and contract administration of complex projects.
This position assists the Town Architect in planning the town’s vertical annual and long range work programs and budgets, scheduling work assignments, evaluating new techniques and methods of construction and repair, maintains contact with federal, state and county agencies as well as other town departments to ensure compliance with laws and regulations pertaining to engineering oriented projects. This position is also responsible for the supervision of subordinate designers, project managers, and other staff.
Interested candidates should have experience with:
- Assuming the leadership role in managing the design and production of construction documents for multiple projects.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills; proficient in interfacing with government departments, the public and consultants
- Proficient in architectural material & systems detailing and envelope systems design
- Experience with construction administration, codes, and regulatory processes
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp.
- Able to self-direct and work well under deadlines, while managing multiple projects and project teams
- Experience managing junior staff and cultivating an environment of encouragement and growth.
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in architecture, and Massachusetts architectural registration.
If you have a passion for public service and want to work for one of the most forward thinking communities in Massachusetts, come join the town of Barnstable’s Department of Public Works Team. This is a fast-paced environment with significant opportunity for growth and professional satisfaction for the right candidate.
The town of Barnstable (population 45,000) is made up of seven distinct villages, each with their own unique character: Barnstable, Centerville, Cotuit, Hyannis, Marstons Mills, Osterville and West Barnstable. In addition, Barnstable is considered the “hub” of Cape Cod with the largest healthcare facilities, retail shopping centers and major transportation operations including the Barnstable Municipal Airport, Cape Cod Regional Transportation Authority that offers bus service, the Steamship Authority that provides passenger and freight services to the Islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. Barnstable has a budget of over $200 million and has enjoyed an AAA bond rating for several years.
Annual Salary: $85,945. Apply online at https://townofbarnstable.us/Departments/HumanResources/Employment-Opportunities.asp
Application Deadline: Oct. 30