Deputy Assessor Wanted!
Pay Rate: $85,000 to $95,000
Performs technical and supervisory activities associated with updating and maintaining the city’s tax assessment file and the creation of the tax billing file.
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for administrative, technical and supervisory work related to the valuation of all residential, industrial and commercial real estate and personal property within the town and in accordance with the Department of Revenue regulations.
- Responsible for providing related financial information, analysis and consultation with other financial offices within the town, management of all activities of the Assessors’ office, including inspections, staff, records, systems, budget, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of all applicable Massachusetts General Laws.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern appraisal principles and practices.
- Ability to accurately appraise real and personal property.
- Ability to maintain overview of detailed and accurate records using data processing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, and/or five to seven years of progressively responsible experience. Must possess a minimum of a State certification of Massachusetts Accredited Assessor (MAA). All certifications must be maintained throughout appointment. Experience with RRC Personal Property System, AssessPro, Vadar, Microsoft, and Excel. MUNIS software a plus.
Posting Date: Open until filled