Responsible for the accounting functions of the Assessing Department. Reviews and balances daily value reports. Records and tracks requests for abatement. Responsible for processing check and purchasing requests. Addresses customer inquiries and/or taxpayer concerns. Resolves issues regarding the day-to-day operation of the department. Position is also cross trained for processing of deed transfers, initiating correspondence to taxpayers, processing plans, quality control of deed transfers, processing, maintaining and auditing exemption files, data entry of prescribed information utilized in assessment applications, providing assistance to taxpayers in person and via telephone. Position full-time Monday through Friday.
- Generate correspondence, follow technical manuals, provide effective customer service
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; transcribe and publish minutes
- Input and organize data quickly and accurately, prepare agendas and meeting materials
- Master proprietary software programs used in Assessing (e.g. AssessPro/AP5, Lawson, WebPro, GIS, etc.)
- Maintain document retrieval system
Preferred Experience and Training:
- HS diploma
- One to three years of office administration work experience
- Proficient use of computers and Microsoft Office suite and any other software necessary for job
- Use of standard business machines.
- Assessing administrative experience preferred
Submit cover letter, application, and resume at: http://applitrack.com/nashua/onlineapp/