City Hall Maintenance is hiring a Director of Facilities Maintenance. This person will develop, implement, monitor, and coordinate city-wide facilities maintenance planning, including inspections, preventative maintenance schedules, routine maintenance, and custodial services management. The Director assesses building and facility needs through a prioritized plan of work, coordinating with department heads to respond quickly to important needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements for city facilities and support buildings by coordinating with administrators and engineers, with local/state/federal staffs, tradesmen, technicians, vendors, and other persons in a position to understand maintenance requirements.
- Advises city leadership regarding protocols and procedures to ensure maximized life cycle of facilities are maintained and in par with regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies, including the OSHA, EPA, NRC, and the State Department of Labor.
- Manages and oversees the development, assessment, and/or coordination of new hires, changes of operation, and practices for the city Maintenance Department.
- Responds to emergency situations involving structural, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, elevator, boiler, hazardous materials, fire and/or smoke, and other incidents. Directs human and vendor service assets to perform proper troubleshooting, repairs, and ensure resolution to protect city facility assets.
- Oversees capital enhancement and renovation projects; reviews project specifications; analyzes design, district requirements and performance standards in conjunctions with Planning and Development, Safety, and others; ensures district goals are met by performing preliminary and final “tasks” for construction-based projects.
- Performs similar or related work as required or as situation dictates.
To be minimally qualified for this position, one must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, architecture, or a related field and a minimum of five years of experience in building trades or an associate’s degree or lower level of education with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in building trades.
- At least five years of experience in maintenance supervision related to custodial, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, HVAC/BMS, building security, and boiler systems.
- Knowledge and ability to demonstrate the following: proper maintenance tool and machinery repair techniques, ability to operate computerized systems and formulate a preventative maintenance program.
- Massachusetts Construction Supervisors license/certification required.
- Working knowledge of the following: expertise working with computers and work order management and asset systems, construction and procurement practices, and regulatory standards, OSHA standards and requirements.
- Demonstrate clear, concise, and effective interaction with all concerned parties related to maintenance and custodial services.
- Valid Class D driver’s license (willingness to drive when needed).
COMPENSATION, SCHEDULE, & BENEFITS
The city of Chicopee provides its employees (contingent upon employment status) with a robust benefits package which include the following: medical, recurring sick time, dental, life insurance, vision, exceptional holiday pay, personal time, vacation time, retirement saving plans (IRA, 457b), retirement pension plan, employee discounts, disability insurance, and more.
This is a full-time position. This role is classified as Department Head Salary Schedule II,
with a minimum starting pay of $90,000.00 annually.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity aligns with your skills, experience, and employment goals, apply today by one of the following:
- Go to chicopeema.gov/jobs and apply online by selecting the job and ‘Apply Now,’
- OR select ‘download application’ on the city’s employment page and deliver it, along with your resume, to the Department of Human Resources, located at Chicopee City Hall, 274 Front St., 1st Fl., Chicopee, MA 01013.
Questions? Text, call, or email:
Follow us on social media:
Facebook: ChicopeeCareers (@MAChicopeeCareers)
Linkedin: ChicopeeCAREERS (@ChicopeeCareers)
The city of Chicopee is an equal opportunity employer.