The Assistant City Clerk is responsible for assisting the City Clerk in any and all duties, and responsibilities of the City Clerk’s Office.
REPORTS TO: City Clerk
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attendance of evening meetings of the City Council, and taking the minutes.
- Maintaining city ordinance documents, meeting agendas, and is responsible for publication and notification of public hearings.
- Issuing vital records, licenses, business registration, taking of marriage intentions.
- Maintain the department webpage, and posting public meeting notices to the city website.
- Interaction with voters and participation in all facets of annual elections, which at times requires a flexible work schedule.
Must be highly organized, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers of the department and work with a diverse customer base.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Provide leadership and problem solving skills to the office and have a willingness to learn and articulate parliamentary procedures so that they may assume all the responsibilities of the City Clerk in his/her absence.
Salary – $52,560 plus additional compensation by stipend up to $6K.
For further information please visit city of Leominster website at www.leominster-ma.gov.