- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is preferred.
- Experience in all aspects of purchasing, particularly in a school district, municipality or other governmental entity is required.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of and familiarity with modern office technology, electronic equipment, and software applications and operations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google platforms in a Windows environment, and willing to learn new software programs as needed.
- Experience using MUNIS and online payment system is preferred.0po
- MCPPO certification is preferred.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- High level of professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to handle all aspects of this position in a complex working environment using sound judgment is required.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and accurately complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment is required.
- Ability to work effectively with the administrators, parents, school staff, and vendors is required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently is required.
- Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and make decisions within scope of his/her authority.
- Attend professional development as directed.
- Ability to relate in a positive manner with members of the public, parents, staff, and students.
- Support the overall school mission, vision, and policies and procedures.
Evaluated by: The Director of Accounting and Business Services
Job Goal: Reviews and/or enters all purchase orders to ensure the timely and accurate entry of orders. Issues requests for quotes, invitations for bids, or requests for proposals following state and local procurement regulations; performs all food services financial and compliance responsibilities; posts and updates district or school programs and activities on the online payment system.
Work Year: 12-month position – 2,016 hours annually
Salary/Benefits: According to the WEA Unit E contract
The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to have the cognitive ability and focus to manage multiple detailed tasks at once with frequent interruptions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Majority of the work is performed in a moderately noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
Applicants when applying please provide:
- Cover letter
- Resume, if you are not a WPS employee
- Three references with current contact information
- Copy of transcripts, if available
Email to: Wen Cobb, Director of Business firstname.lastname@example.org