The town of Acton is seeking an experienced Planner with high competence in public engagement to join the Planning Division team. This full-time position offers the exciting opportunity to serve a diverse population on matters of community planning and development. The Planning Division is involved in a wide array of planning initiatives ranging from transportation, economic development, conservation and housing initiatives. The community planner position would take a key role in project management and community outreach efforts.
• Leads community engagement and coordinates planning initiatives for long range planning and other Land Use Department programs.
• Performs reviews of site plans, subdivisions, and other development permits for compliance with the town of Acton zoning bylaw and land use goals of the Acton2020 Plan; provides staff support to permitting Boards.
• Conducts grant writing and provides support with program management for various efforts.
• Develops new and innovate methods to engage Acton citizens in public participation.
• Assists with zoning enforcement.
• In consultation with the Planning Director, provides guidance, support and training for junior staff.
For more information and how to apply please visit www.actonma.gov/jobs