The town of North Reading is accepting applications for the position of Municipal Facilities Manager.
Summary: This is a salaried position responsible for the planning, organization, direction and control of repair, maintenance, capital improvements, custodial services, and security for Town buildings.
Essential Functions: Performs duties with a high degree of independence and latitude, exercising considerable judgment in coordinating activities and determining appropriate courses of actions. Assures compliance with proper procedures, codes and regulations.
- Established and administer schedules and procedures for the regular, ongoing custodial care and maintenance of all Town buildings and grounds.
- Develop a facility management system to include updated surveys, historical data, type of building construction, structural condition, utility systems (plumbing, HVAC, electrical, etc.), building envelope, and cosmetic conditions of Town buildings.
- Develop and maintain a five-year capital improvement plan for small capitol (<$25,000) and capital (>$25,000) projects for buildings, grounds and related equipment with defendable estimates.
- Develop and recommend annual budget requests for Town Building Division and manage division budget.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of material, supplies, contract services and equipment necessary for the care and maintenance of buildings and grounds; and maintain an equipment inventory and equipment history file.
- Prepare Bid Documents and Procure supplies, contract services and materials in accordance with Mass General Law. Initiate purchase orders with supporting documents.
- Respond to emergencies situations 24 hours a day, seven days a
This is a full time position (40) hours; the salary is up to $85,000.00
For full Job Description please visit https://www.northreadingma.gov/human-resources/pages/job-opportunities
Qualified candidates who fit the description above are requested to submit an application to the Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Town Hall, 235 North Street, North Reading, MA 01864