Town of Stoneham
Public Safety Dispatch Department
Full-Time Public Safety Civilian Dispatcher Position
Position: High public visibility and contact. Receive and process emergency and non-emergency signals and calls for service. Dispatch police, fire, EMS and other emergency units and personnel as needed. Monitor and operate emergency signaling, radio, computer, telephone, alarm and other specialized equipment in support of public safety communications and dispatch functions.
Qualifications: Previous experience preferred or willing to train in the following areas:
- Ability to rapidly and accurately assess and process emergency and non-emergency requests for assistance in a composed manner
- Familiarity with computers to process records and information via interdepartmental computers and state-wide computer systems
- Temperamentally suited to the position and able to work harmoniously with other persons and the general public
- Ability to maintain accurate written records, plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to take direction and also work independently as needed
- MASS 911 Communications certified preferred, but not mandatory.
Please see the town of Stoneham’s Human Resources webpage at www.stoneham-ma.gov for a link to the complete job description.
Salary: 44,824 – $53,237 Includes five paid holidays currently under negotiations.
To apply for this position you must submit cover letter, resume and completed job application to:
Director of Human Resources
Town of Stoneham
35 Central St., Stoneham, MA 02180
Deadline to Apply: First review of applications is May 19, position open until filled.
Stoneham is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in our workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.